List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 'Download KDE'
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-11-20 15:01:41

--- Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> schrieb:

> On Sunday 20 November 2005 15:41, Mihnea Capraru
> wrote:
>
> > Well, other people have told me to 'stop hijacking
> > threads' and open new ones
>
> That's what I said, isn't it?

Yes, now that I think at it. But at first I understood
that I was opening too many threads.

> > even though I was
> > seemingly replying to threads that I myself had
> > opened.
>
> I agree that this some kind of relation, but I meant
> topic based relation,
> i.e. discussion the same things.
> But of course I might just not see how Desktops in
> Sweden and Downloading KDE
> is closely related.
>
> > I'm aware that we need to abide to certain rules
> in
> > order to keep the mailing list readable. But which
> are
> > those rules and where can we read them? I can't
> follow
> > conflicting regulations.
>
> Which conflicts?
>
> Btw hijacking threads is bad for you more than for
> others. The thread you are
> posting into might not be read anymore, be filter or
> scored down, resulting
> in not reaching your target audience.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

I've never intended to reply to the 'Desktops in
Sweden' thread, that was a silly mistake on my side.
And 'Download KDE' does appear as a separate thread at

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-promo&r=1&b=200511&w=2

I don't know how it looks in an email client, since I
can't use one with my current Yahoo! Mail account. I'm
sorry for any inconvenience that I might have caused,
but on the other hand I usually don't appreciate
policemen-like approaches. Please advice, don't
accuse.

Mihnea