List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] kde.org versus Wikipedia
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-19 23:02:47

On Saturday 19 November 2005 17:47, Mihnea Capraru wrote:
> I have just re-read http://kde.org/whatiskde/
>
> 'What is KDE?'
>
> Answers to this question belong to encyclopaedias.
>
> KDE.org should answer this question:
>
> 'What can KDE do for me?'

  You mean like:

"What can a gear shift for a Ford Explorer do for me?"

  -> yeah there are a few people out there with Ford Explorers too..

KDE, Gnome and any other desktop is useless without the underlying OS, and
trying to get users who do have that underlying OS to switch to KDE is purely
ridiculous at this stage.

As for a more prominent "download KDE", I would prefer if that were just a
link to download kubuntu or some other free Linux distro based on KDE.  The
last thing we want is a bunch of annoyed users who can't figure out what good
this silly KDE thing is.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/