List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Home page first paragraph
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-11-17 21:57:36

--- Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org> schrieb:

> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 23:20, Mihnea Capraru
> wrote:
> >
> > "KDE empowers you to work and feel good. Unlike
> > products designed to be sold, KDE is designed to
> be
> > used and loved. A large group of outstanding
> > engineers, artists and writers have teamed up to
> bring
> > you one of the most enjoyable and productive
> software
> > suites available."
>
> I like that text. It's much better than what we have
> now. Your reasoning makes
> a lot of sense.

Thanks :)

> Thanks for tackling the issue of the texts on the
> KDE home page. I expect that
> there will be lots of opinions on that matter and
> that it will get hard to
> actually change something. Let's work together, make
> this an effective
> discussion and make sure that it also leads to a
> result.

I sure hope so.

I assume that in order to work effectively on this, we
also need to find out whom the kde.org is addressing.

Maybe it makes sense to actually have three (!)
homepages:

kde.com for corporate people
kde.org for people who use kde because they want to :)
and developers.kde.org for developers

Something like this (not necessarily this one
precisely) would considerably ease the task of finding
the right attitude for kde.org.

Mihnea