List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE's slogan
From:       Patrick Trettenbrein <patrick.trettenbrein () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-11-15 22:00:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag, 15. November 2005 22:34 schrieb Mihnea Capraru:
> 'Conquer your desktop!'

I can understand the problem with this slogan. Maybe the common German
translation will help us here. In German it's somtimes translated with
"Erobern Sie Ihre Arbeitsumgebung" (conquer your desktop), but mostly with
"Entdecken Sie Ihre Arbeitsumgebung" what means "discover your desktop". This
sounds very nice me, and IMO it's a fact that KDE makes it worth for me using
a computer. So KDE helps and helped me to "discover" my desktop.

If you think desktop means for a lot of people that it won't work on their
laptops what about: "Discover your workplace"?

> 'KDE. Designed to Serve You'

Sounds to me like faked from BSD. They've got "The power to server you" AFAIK.

> 'KDE. Created to Deserve You'

This slogan doesn't make too much sense IMO. It shows the intention of the
developers but noone really creates a desktop to deserve users. (Please don't
pick on me, but my dictionary says that deserve means "verdienen" in German -
if this is wrong, or the word got another meaning I may missunderstood you).

Regards
Patrick
--
Patrick Trettenbrein - patrick.trettenbrein@kdemail.net
GnuPG fingerprint: 312B 561F B0E9 1DB5 CE5B A9CB 831A 1994 E9A3 0010