List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] live CDs; fliers
From:       Josef Spillner <spillner () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-09 13:50:47

El Miércoles, 9. Noviembre 2005 14:24, Patrick Trettenbrein escribió:[Live CD]> IMO \
it's Kubuntu, so you maybe should get in contact with the Kubuntu guys?> (I also read \
that Kubuntu CDs will be soon shipped for free the same way> like Ubuntu CDs are - \
probably you can't wait for so long ;)) There's \
also:http://ktown.kde.org/~binner/klax/which Stephan seems to maintain quite \
actively, especially for "preview" versions of KDE. (Of course, those should not be \
distributed but might be useful for explaining the progress.) [Flyers]> I don't know \
about "official" material, but this flyer doesn't look too bad> to me: \
http://kde-files.org/content/show.php?content=25545 (It's a Scribus> template) There \
are still the flyers in the 'brochures' directory of the 'kdepromo' module in SVN. \
Unfortunately my idea of getting some of them (of the German variant) printed didn't \
work out due to time constraints... and it is also targeted at this autumn, as it \
mentions KDE 3.4/3.5 explicitely.We really do need some new general flyers again and \
hopefully the new marketing initiative will get something going. But in addition, \
these release-specific flyers explaining some of the best new features are also \
important, however the next time I'll work on such a flyer I'll also quickly design \
one from scratch which can be printed as a b/w variant - as I said, in addition to \
the high-quality flyers. When a flyer found on kde-files.org or similar is approved \
and used, it should definitely go into SVN so translations can be started - and it \
should likely be made available as a PDF on promo.kde.org. Josef \