List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Flyers - new offer
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva.brucherseifer () basyskom ! de>
Date:       2005-10-28 12:19:49

Hi Josef,

I would have prefered to get some answers from you... nevertheless I've talked
back to Torsten as an artist to get another opinion and the other board
members. KDE e.V. will take over the costs. Please make sure, the invoice is
issued to KDE e.V. (see the website impressum for the address) and send it to
Mirko, so that he can pay it.

I guess you'll only need 100 or 200. Where will the flyers be stored after
your event?

Greetings,
eva

Am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005 20:05 schrieb Eva Brucherseifer:
> Hi Josef,
>
> this is the first notice of the flyers we get and the first request. Can
> you please provide more information about the flyers?
>
> Regarding the old German ones: They were printed at flyerwire.de. Besides
> flyerwire, you might get good offers at http://www.diedruckerei.de/
> Is it offset or digital printing? Please go with offset printing for that
> amount of flyers - you get better quality for the same or less money.
> Please also check the price for 3000 flyers, often the difference is only
> very litte. BTW - last time we also printed 3000 flyers.
> In general the price looks ok (without knowing the format).
>
> Before casting in a "yes" vote, I'd like to have one of the artists
> supporting the flyers. I don't want to support "hobby project" flyers which
> would be thrown away soon. If this is not the case, you can expect a
> positive vote from me.
>
> And for the next time: PLEASE start early enough with this stuff. It is
> really unfair to always force the board to decide those reimbursement
> questions with very little information and last minute. How can we take
> care that the money is spent wisely this way?
>
> Greetings,
> eva
>
> Am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005 19:27 schrieb Josef Spillner:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm still not really informed about pricing for printing flyers.
> > Unfortunately the original offer (54 euros for 2000 A5 flyers) turned out
> > to be for b/w only printing on coloured paper, not for coloured printing.
> > This will account for 300 euros, or 15 cent per flyer.
> >
> > Now the 2 questions I have:
> > - is this a reasonable price? e.g. What was paid for the LWCE flyers, or
> > for the (old) german ones?
> > - would that be an acceptable investment when it comes to reimbursement?
> >
> > Unfortunately the decision will have to be done before tomorrow afternoon
> > for the LIT-Dresden event. If I don't get two "yes" votes above, at least
> > we know how to deal with it for the next events.
> > I cannot simply go ahead in this price range, and due to a
> > misunderstanding I only got to know the real price today.
> >
> > Josef

Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de