List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Promoting Kde in Portugal - aLANtejo 2005 (resend)
From:       Bruno Teixeira <l16331 () alunos ! uevora ! pt>
Date:       2005-10-07 12:52:20

Good afternoon,

I'm one of the organizers of aLANtejo 2005, a computer
science conference which is better described the the attachment - it's
the email I sent Kde Promo List to arrange a Kde speaker for our
KDE vs GNOME debate

Now that we have a confirmed speaker - his information is in the end of
this email -, it would make perfect sense to have Kde's presence in
our event.

Parallel to the congress, there will be a tent reserved for technologie
showings and sponcers, where we could have a Kde stand. We could also
have Kde banners and such things. Also, would it be possible to have
some suport on the travel expenses of the speaker.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Bruno Teixeira
NEEI - aLANtejo 2005

Information on the Kde speaker:

* Name: Josef Spillner
* City: Dresden, Alemanha
* Profession: Estudant at Universidade Técnica de Dresden
   http://www.tu-dresden.de/
* na área de Ciências de Computação
   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/
* Interchange with the Universidade Federal de Itajubá em Minas Gerais,
Brasil 2004
* Formation: 2006, especialized in Distribuited and Operational Sistems
* web services
* KDE programmer since 1999
* Participant in KDE e.V. - organization
* KDE speaker (República Checa e España),  LinuxTag
(Germany), FISL (Brasil)...
* Working for KNewStuff
* Working for KDE free games and others

["kde_mail.txt" (text/plain)]

Kde representatives,

The Computer Science Students Association (NEEI) from the University of Evora in \
Portugal is organizing, in association with the Computer Science Department, a \
Congress on Information Technologies on the 20th, 21st 22nd of October 2005. The \
event is called aLANtejo 2005, you can browse our home page at alantejo.uevora.pt - \
unfortunately only in portuguese.

It is inteded to be a nation wide event with audiences not only from the student \
population, but from leading companies from the Information Technology field as well, \
especially in the Alantejo Region.

In the background, there will be live demonstrations and access to all sorts of \
computer technologies. The first and second days will be dedicated to presentations \
on Breakthrough Technologies and Grid Computing, and the last day is entirely \
dedicated to Linux.

We would like to have a Round Table with Kde and Gnome representatives, to discuss \
the different technical aspects as well as the different choices  made during the \
process of creating the Desktop Suites. We would be extremely grateful if you could \
attend our forthcoming event.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Bruno Teixeira,
NEEI - aLANtejo 2005

 =