List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Web design for KDE
From:       Wade Olson <wadejolson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-04 21:15:15

Hi Russell,

I've heard rumors of this "Aaron Seigo", and even worse, I've heard
that he's subscribed to this mailing list.

So, thanks for your offer of assistance, and thanks to Aaron for
sending him this way.

As you may know, KDE has quite a distributed presence on the web, and
these sites have their own level of completeness, polish, and being
current.  At the same time, we have several groups that manage various
sites, each with varying plans of updating these sites over time.

We'd like to take a more cohesive approach to KDE's spidering web site
topology, and are trying to come up with a game plan, and not take on
such big tasks haphazardly.

I'd encourage you to subscribe to this mailing list, if you already
haven't done so, to get more involved with refining KDE's sites
(although this list certainly is focused on the larger topic of KDE
marketing and promotions, so if you just want to read the archives, I
can't blame you).

So be patient, because we want to do this right, and not just start
giving people server access and yelling "Have at it!"  But you're
certainly now on our permanent list, so there's no backing out :).

Wade