List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Linspire to sponsor KDE development seminar
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-28 6:29:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

hey all...

i've been quietly working with Linspire over the last few weeks to help put
together a KDE development seminar in North America. the purpose of the
seminar will be to teach people how to develop for KDE. the target audience
are software developers, e.g. ISVs and in-house shops, who are looking to the
Open Source desktop world but have little or no experience with it.

it will be held on the 13th and 14th of October and held at Linspire's
building in San Diego. they will be providing the space, coordination and
food amongst other things. it will not be Linspire-specific in any way,
however; it will be KDE-specific.

this is a great opportunity to start seeding North America with greater KDE
development knowledge. if this gos well then we will probably have the
opportunity to repeat the venture on the East coast.

i'm looking for people who can help with the following:

	- PR support from the KDE side
	- building branding and a small web presence

i'd like to schedule an IRC meeting with everyone who is interested for next
weekend, preferably Sunday June 5th, to get things rolling on our side, in
#kde-promo. i'd like to suggest 19:00 CST for the meeting. please respond if
you would like to attend, and note whether or not the above time works for
you. we don't need a million people, obviously, just 2 or 3 people to spread
the PR load around to so that this doesn't take up too much of any one
person's time or energy but so that it gets the attention it deserves.

--
Aaron J. Seigo