List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] great article on promo
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-17 1:17:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 16 May 2005 06:58, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> For one, I find the pg presentation more engaging.  I'm not exactly
> sure what it is, it just looks and flows better to me.  I can
> appreciate wanting an original design, but if it was me, I would just
> copy the pg design and customise it for KDE.

an artist and a web developer (or someone who is both) could fix this. chris
has already told me that given a nicer layout he'd use it.

> Another thing is that pg tends to present the full content, whereas pk
> often presents a brief paragraph and then truncates the rest.  Images
> are rarer and often when they are there, pk doesn't pick them up and
> there is no indication that you are missing something.

this has to do with how the blogs are syndicated, and is not up to Planet. try
convincing some of the other devs to do "full syndication" =)

> Then there is the matter of quantity and frequency of content, but
> that is getting better and better thanks to folks like you.  :)

we're getting better at it, yes =)

personally, i'm also quite interested in the quality of the content,
particularly the subject matter.

--
Aaron J. Seigo