List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] great article on promo
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2005-05-17 0:58:32

Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 10:31, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> > 2. Blogs are trusted.  Maybe we can do more to promote planetkde.org
> > and get more people to blog.  Personally I'm very impressed with
> > Planet GNOME.
>
> in your opinion, in which way(s) is p.g.o impressive? compare and contrast
> with planetkde.org?
>
> i'm interested in making pk.o as good as possible, you see =)

For one, I find the pg presentation more engaging.  I'm not exactly
sure what it is, it just looks and flows better to me.  I can
appreciate wanting an original design, but if it was me, I would just
copy the pg design and customise it for KDE.

Another thing is that pg tends to present the full content, whereas pk
often presents a brief paragraph and then truncates the rest.  Images
are rarer and often when they are there, pk doesn't pick them up and
there is no indication that you are missing something.

Then there is the matter of quantity and frequency of content, but
that is getting better and better thanks to folks like you.  :)

Cheers,
Navin.