List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Looking for people to write app promo articles
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-05-15 16:46:47

Ahoy,

I've been talking to the editor of the Free Software magazine. He's really
keen on getting some practical user articles about KDE apps into the
magazine.

This would be a great chance for KDE, budding writers and the magazine. KDE
gets promotional articles in the magazine that can, six weeks after
publication, be posted onto the Dot or anywhere else. Budding writers get
their name in print, some writing experience and the help of this list in
getting your writing up to scratch (if necessary!) and the magazine gets the
articles.

The magazine doesn't pay all their authors at the moment, but they'll be
starting soon and anyone who gets some good work in early is going to be well
placed to receive commissions later.

Is anyone interested in doing this? We could also post to the Dot... one thing
I'd like to do after my exams is to plan and then get more people into the
promo team and writing stuff.

Regards,
Tom

--