List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] KDE User Satisfaction Survey
From:       Steven Giacomelli <stevegiacomelli () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-15 2:30:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have developed a user satisfaction survey to identify user attitudes
towards levels of satisfaction and loyalty with KDE and to provide an
information resource for the community.

The survey is an extensive look at user attitudes towards at the importance
of and the performance of various attributes of the KDE package and to look
at satisfaction and loyalty. It has been developed in part to add to the
body of knowledge surrounding user perceptions of KDE, and to act as a
resource for decision makers in the future.

I am planning on deploying the survey on line and to have 1,000 users take
the survey, once the survey results have been collected I will write and
release a report to the community and public at large (As well as releasing
the datafile)

I have already talked to Aaron Seigo and he has agreed to convert the pdf of
the survey to a web application -- I am interested in getting some feedback
on the survey, as well as getting some help promoting the survey to get the
maximum number of people to take it. The current draft can be found
here<http://www.orplex.com/kde_survey_draft.pdf>[
http://www.orplex.com/kde_survey_draft.pdf], it is somewhat long; however
since this is really the first extensive look at KDE user attitudes -- a
goal of this survey is to create a foundation on which to build further
studies.

Steven Giacomelli