List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Press Announcement for KDE 3.4
From:       Josef Spillner <spillner () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-15 20:13:00

Am Dienstag, 15. März 2005 20:37 schrieb Achim Woessner:
> I see. So the 63k are obviously wrong, yes. But what is a better amount
> then? Should we use an average of lets say 200000 commits per week, which
> makes it to 4 (weeks per month) x 7 (months of development) x 200,000 =
> 5,600,000 changes due to commits of all kinds in CVS.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics :-)
Please, do not just invent numbers... there are better approximation
techniques.

> Or are there maybe any archives of cvs-digest where we could get exact
> numbers from?

There's the KDE CVS list archives and there's the CIA commit database. Both of
those do however also include other branches, and the former also some
follow-up discussion.
Shortly before we hit the 100k bug number, the CIA displayed the 100k commit
number, which is now at 122k.

Unfortunately I don't have the full archives anymore but somebody who does
could count the messages rather easily.
As for the lines of code which changed, counting them would require a full
repository diff, and no I don't have that diskspace :)

The 63000 seems to be the value of commits, but including all branches.

Josef