List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Press Announcement for KDE 3.4
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () kossebau ! de>
Date:       2005-02-04 14:08:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,

Am Freitag, 4. Februar 2005 14:12, schrieb Rainer Endres:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 12:50, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Having some Shockwave-Animations demonstrating the latest features using
> > vnc2sfw might be a nice thing to link to.
>
> I am already working on a Features Guide based on the developer.kde.org
> feature list. Expect a completed version for the Beta2 this weekend.

Cool :)

> And
> yes, it will include vnc2swfs. I knew them and worked on them before Mr.
> Friedman found a nice toy to show off on his blog. ;)

Who is Mr. Friedman?

Someone should finally extend KSnapshot and enable it to also record screen
movies. But this requires to also work on KRFB such that the vncserver is run
as a kdemon to avoid having two vncservers running once and in a while... :/

> For the people not knowing what Thorsten is talking about:
>
> http://physos.net/~physos/flashtest/testflash.html
>
> If somebody knows a way to convert swf into theora or another open codec, I
> would be very glad to hear about it.

What about first dropping the vnc stream by using vncrec and then converting
by using transcode or the like?
Read
http://software.newsforge.com/software/04/08/16/2128226.shtml?tid=75
for a start.