List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: Press Announcement for KDE 3.4
From:       Adrian von Buttlar <adrian () t17r ! de>
Date:       2005-02-01 19:52:39

Am Tuesday 01 February 2005 20:36 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> Am Dienstag 01 Februar 2005 20:21 schrieb Achim Woessner:
> > Hi,
> >
> > so we already have end of January and so it is time for me to present the
> > press announcement in a more or less ready state. It isn't php yet, I
> > will do that as soon as possible and for sure before the release of 3.4
> > ;) The "Highlights At A Glance" will be sorted of course, but I wanted
> > you to have a look on what I have done so far.
> > OK, so I hope you like it, critic is very welcome and I will do my best
> > to improve the announcement. I hope you enjoy reading it.
>
> Thanks for having something to read that early.  Perhaps others on the list
> have something to add, I think it's already very good.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

hi list,

just my two cents: i like the statements but it sounds like kde has to compete
against other desktop (heck, its so good there is no competition ;-). so i
tried my best to give it another direction without fiddling with the content:

> The accessibility package has now some really important new features
> for partially sighted people. The KDE Text-to-Speech system is new in KDE
> 3.4 and allows applications, like KSayIt, an application that reads out
> longer texts, speech output. Not only does this mean better support for
> visually-impaired and speech-impaired users, but the new features should
> also prove for a fun desktop experience overall.
One of the milestones in this new release will be the advanced KDE
Text-to-speech framework [?] that allows applications such as KSayIT to read
out longer text and speech output. Especially visually-impaired people and
speech-impaired users will benefit, but it should prove a fun desktop
experience overall.

> As the team of people working on KDE is international there are currently 79
> translations of KDE 3.4 available. No other desktop can compete with that
> many translations, and so KDE 3.4 serves best the needs of today's world
> wide Linux community.
With as many as 79 translations KDE is available for a broader community than
any other desktop. [add reseans why translation are needed]