List:       kde-promo
Subject:    GPL code www.kde.nl (was Re: [kde-promo] KDE.ie goes live today)
From:       Wilbert Berendsen <wbsoft () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2005-01-06 11:31:20

On Thursday 06 January 2005 08:22, Fabrice Mous wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 01:47, Barry O'Donovan wrote:
> > Hello all and happy new year,
> >
> > I wish to advise you all that Ireland's KDE website went live today
> > (http://www.kde.ie/). It's purpose is to act as a focal point for
> > Irish and Irish-based KDE developers, contributors, users and
> > enthusiasts to promote continued development and communication and
> > also to promote KDE in Ireland.
>
> Nice ! We see more and more websites popping up.
>
> > It's based on the kde.nl and kde.org.uk websites and, as can be seen
> > on http://www.kde.ie/about.php, I've released the code as GPL. I
> > _presume_ this conforms with kde.nl and I know it conforms with
> > kde.org.uk. If I am mistaken here please let me know ASAP.
>
> I think it is GPL indeed. But let's wait untill Wilbert responds.

Yes, my own code and snippets in kde.nl may be used and modified freely
under the GPL license. I'll make notifications in the code, but most
snippets is/are too dedicated to be useful to other sites maybe. Also the
lastRSS (rss-parsing part) has GPL license.

> Excellent. This was in my head before. Someone (on this list?) asked
> for banners as well for their own website. Also I would like to have
> such a banner on www.kde.nl as well.

I'll take this on in the new navigational and visual design plans for
kde.nl :-)

All the best!
Wilbert

--