List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE in schools
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-26 20:41:54

On Sunday 26 Dec 2004 18:57, Steven William Giacomelli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure how many people are aware of this article
> http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Linux-Makes-Headway-in-Primary-Education-
> 38733.html
>
> But it talks about linux in schools and credits KDE with developing
> software that helps in the adoption of Linux in schools.

There are lots of similar articles out there on the web. See, for example, an
interview I did with someone who made the switch to a LTSP+KDE set-up:
http://www.tomchance.org.uk/writing/leunginterview

And the article that preceeded it:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7418

There are lots of good points for KDE to exploit in conjunction with other
projects in the education sector.

Regards,
Tom