List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Strategic Planning Framework
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-19 1:48:57

On Saturday 18 Dec 2004 21:42, Steven William Giacomelli wrote:
> A) Mission/Vision/Objectives
> This defines who the KDE project is -- why it exists -- what it hopes to
> accomplish -- etc
[...]
> The first step according to this framework is to define the
> Mission/Vision/Objectives of the KDE project and this can best be done in
> manifesto form since the KDE project is a community that should have its
> principles codified and rationalized in an agreed upon form -- i'm not
> talking about re-inventing the KDE project only brining ideas together in
> one formal document.
>
> This is why i feel a mission statement is the first step towards the
> development of any plan and why the community must "clarify" it.

The KDE Project exists to create a good Free Software desktop environment.
This can be subdivided into connected aims related to the product \
(involving  such subjective terms as power, usability, accessibility, and \
so on) and the  community (involving licensing, development and governance \
techniques).

Is that the sort of thing you're looking for? Either way, is this the
appropriate place to discuss this? In fact, where is the appropriate place? \
 I'm guessing people will say a list like kde-devel or kde-ev-membership...

Regards,
Tom