List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Press Release Archive
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-15 20:21:14

On Wednesday 15 Dec 2004 19:49, Steven William Giacomelli wrote:
> On December 15, 2004 02:44 pm, Tom Chance wrote:
> > Regional press contacts are another really great idea, and an easy route
> > into helping KDE for non-technical volunteers. But that's another matter!
> >
> > Anyway, something like this is helpful:
> > http://www.readingcampaigns.org.uk/rdb.pl?op=viewarticle&aid=30
>
> Yah something like that would be very useful for KDE -- though we need to
> develop a set of talking points before we have people contact the media in
> mass

Well an easy thing to do is to simply pass on a press release to journalists
in your region, and then field simple questions, and direct the journalist to
the press contacts when they become more substantial.

That small act in itself would dramatically increase press coverage, and, if
people volunteered, prepare them for more involved press / promotion work.

Regards,
Tom