List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Press Pack
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabrice () kde ! nl>
Date:       2004-12-14 7:29:23

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 04:11, Tom Chance wrote:
|  Hello,
|
|  Following the discussions about what _should_ be in a press pack, I
| decided to bite the bullet and knock up a quick first draft. Have a look:
|
|  http://www.tomchance.org.uk/_files/kde_press_pack/
|
|  The "preview.html" file is best for a quick idea of what the pages
| contain. The Scribus file is there, with all the text in its own layer -
| "text-en_GB" - so translations and adaptations wil be easy.
|
|  I wrote it so that it can be adapted for any specific event. Once we're
| happy with the general content, we can also produce a finished copy of a
| general press pack to be handed out when there's no specific event, or when
| the events team don't have the time to knock up a special pack. On that
| last note, maybe at least inserting the contact details for the
| event-specific press contact could be scripted, to make it quick and easy?
|
|  Comments, questions and revisions are all welcome :)

It looks really nice!! Nice job, Tom. Scribus layers rule.

Does a press pack have a different scope then say a brochure? Also I think
that not only recent press should be added but also other major
announcements. "KDE delivers Dutch KDE-desktop on {date}". So here comes a
suggestion ....

I think you can work with a cover which has some generic promo text about KDE.
Such a cover should have a long lifetime. This cover can be printed on A3 or
A4 (idea-kde-folder.png).  The idea is to put all event-specific or
time-specific content can be put inside the cover. So press releases or event
announcement can be added inside the cover.

Look at the png I included. It is an old drawing I made some time ago. But it
still applies I think.

Kind regards,

Fabrice

--