List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Introduction
From:       Bill Kendrick <nbs () sonic ! net>
Date:       2004-03-16 17:37:51

Hello!  I'm Bill Kendrick, and I just signed up for the 'kde-promo' list. :^)

I've recently gotten addicted to KDE 3.2.0 (e.g., I'm using far more GUI
tools under Linux than I was before, with older KDE, GNOME, etc.), and
will soon be doing a presentation on KDE ("from a user's perspective")
at my Linux User Group.  ( http://www.lugod.org/meeting/ )

Earlier this month, I switched my father (who's almost 69 years old!)
from his aging Mac Performa running MacOS8 to a Pentium II that I got cheap
which is now running Debian/Woody with KDE 3.2, Konqueror, KMail and
OpenOffice.org.

So far, he's quite happy with it!  (His main issue with the Mac was the
inability to use some websites with the ancient Netscape 4.x and IE browsers
he had installed.  I decided it was time for a hardware upgrade, and an
OS upgrade, too :^) )

I'm also on the kde-kiosk list, and have set up two Linux-based kiosks in
my community.  Most recently, a Debian/Woody system running IceWM + Konqueror.
( http://www.lugod.org/photos/chamonix/ )

Anyway, I'm obviously interested in getting people to use Linux
(and I prefer KDE :^) ) on the desktop, so I decided to sign up for this
list. :^)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/

PS - Some of you might recognize my name from some Open Source games for Linux,
     like Tux Paint. ( http://newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/ ) Yep, that's me!