List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] kdepromo CVS module
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-29 18:13:27

On Thursday 29 January 2004 14:05, Fabrice Mous wrote:
> For me, I want people to use promo stuff from KDE.
>
> For example, let's say you want to have a nice brochure from company A or
> organisation B, then they are more than happy to give it to you. So the
> analogy is if someone at a LUG-event wants promo material about KDE but
> this doesn't seem to be accesible that doesn't make sense.

   That's what websites are for.  Having people pull downloads from our CVS is
rediculous - it's already too slow.  The purpose of the module was: 1) an
archive so we don't lose files that get posted to a website and deleted 6
months later  and 2) a working space for people collaborating on materials
that are not yet published.  External people downloading these files does not
fit into category 1) or 2).  We already went through this whole thread months
ago....

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/