List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE schwag and shirts
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-23 8:28:32

Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2004 18:44 schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
> Hi Aaron!
>
> On Thursday 22 January 2004 18:29, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > since i'm going to be doing some KDE talks in the coming months, i \
> > figured i should probably get myself some KDE gear so that i can be \
> > logo-ified like a good little corporate.
>
> I think you are not the only one. All those that did not attend Nove \
> Hrady will desperately want one (or two ;)
>
> > looking at the KDE merchandise page \
> > (http://www.kde.org/stuff/index.php) it seems the only places to get \
> > things from is Kernel Concepts (Europe, so expensive shipping for me), \
> > Cafe Press (while i like the KDE thong, the rest is uninspiring) and \
> > Miettera (who's site is till down) ...
>
> I'd choose those from Kernel Concepts, those are the new ones.

All the correct ones are now in my place and there are only polos left. I \
have  about 2 boxes left. I also have about 100 pins here and can get more.

> > is this correct, or is there some other place i can grab a nice looking
> > shirt with the KDE logo on it? if the shipping and prices are right, i
> > might even grab a few bits of KDE shwag to hand out to the lucky.
>
> I'd suggest a mass shipment of a larger quantity to one person in north
> america who:
>
> a) agrees to store the stuff at his place
> b) is at a lot of expo's
> c) Agrees to be responsible to ship smaller quantities to North American
> events.
>
> This shipment should be payed by KDE e.V. Larger quantities make a lot of
> sense because you should try to sell shirts on trade shows / fairs just
> like we do in germany. For German events, Eva normally stores some boxes \
> at her place, because she's active on almost all events and she's located
> pretty central in Germany. So I'd suggest to ship a load of t-shirts and
> KDE-gear pins to North America.

Yes that would be no problem.

About the suggestion to create new ones:
If you want to sell them at shows it's definitly cheaper to make new ones \
in  N. America. The special logo we used for stiching (you need a special
prepared one) is in kde-promo, the same for the pins. If you create the \
pins,  please tell me before, because there are some special things to care \
about,  which we learned by using the current ones.
In case you only need 5 shirst, it's probably cheaper if I send them and \
you  use PayPal to pay them.

Greetings,
eva