List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Interview with principal developer of Beagle-2 mission
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-20 13:07:57

On Saturday 17 January 2004 16:19, Christian Mueller wrote:
> There's an article on linuxdevices.com about the
> software they used for the Beagle-2 mission:
> http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7460495111.html
>
> They mention KDE and several of its programs:
>
> "The SuSE 8.0 distribution included a lot of other
> useful tools: GCC, KDE desktop, Kcalc, KHexedit,
> Kylix, KDevelop, XEmacs, SSH, Perl, PHP, Apache,
> and StarOffice, used in development and operations."

I also saw an interview about it with some external scientific. In the
background, one could clearly recognize a KDE desktop, I think on mandrake. I
think it's a shame that KDE is a bit hidden in such big projects. It could
raise interest in KDE a lot if we could show people really important and/or
publicity-intensive projects that heavily use KDE. Think of big scinentific
projects, hollywood, government, ...