List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Live CD for Linux World
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2004-01-07 16:59:10

Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Le Mercredi 7 Janvier 2004 16:26, Mark Bucciarelli a écrit :
>
> > I anxiously await your opinions--the final beta test for the CD is planned
> > for this weekend.  I think the decision will be either to distribute a CD
> > or not.
>

> One possible solution if you have a volunteer, a CD-Writer and a box of blank
> medias on the stand is to produce on the spot either :

But be aware that you can not nearly produce as many "on the spot" as
you will need.

> - stable Knoppix (KDE 3.1.4)

Latest Knoppix is really great, version 3.3, dating from 19th of Dec.

> - unstable KDE Live CD (KDE 3.2)

KDE 3.2*cvs* -- do not name it 3.2, because it's *not*.

> and sell them a the cost of the media + a contribution.

Good idea in general. Could even be used to offer Knoppix in addition
even if the KDE live-CD works well in the end. After all, Knoppix *is*
KDE, and is working really well, if you use it as live-CD only.

> Cheers,
> Charles

Cheers,
Kurt