List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Quality Team implementation
From:       Tom Chance <tomchance () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-01-05 20:16:11

On Monday 05 January 2004 20:09, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Charles de Miramon wrote:
> > I think that maybe it is better that the would-be janitor asks formally
> > to the application maintainer if he wants a janitor. Janitor is dependant
> > on the maintainer to modify the application in CVS.
>
> True.

Is it, necessarily? What if we have a situation where a developer is doing
some very good coding, but is not being very helpful responding to users'
support requests, or is being quite offhand and rude on bugzilla? It would
seem to me that in such a situation a good janitor would be ideal. Of course
I am not suggesting that in such a situation someone should simply be imposed
upon the developer and the developer told to keep out of public relations,
but merely raising the possibility, as it warrants a little thought.

Tom