List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Bruce Perens chooses Gnome for UserLinux
From:       teotrino () eml ! cc
Date:       2003-12-22 12:25:32

Hi,

I posted a reply in Slashdot
(http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=89968&threshold=-1&commentsort=0&tid=106&mode=thread&cid=7775279)
 about this subject and will repost here.

KDE is better than GNOME. I know. But does it matters?

What matters is that KDE and QT were created and is owned (I'm mean
mainly
designed and developed) by european developers. GNOME is owned by USA
developers.

Remember: Suse was bought by Novell (an american company).

I guess the big american companies are telling Bruce Perens they want to
use
a framework developed by americans and for americans (cynical slant
added).
Why? Imagine those companies trying to sell an application/system to the
USA government and telling them its based on a foreign framework written
by
people who opposed the IRAQ invasion (cynical slant added again).

The title of my reply in Slashdot is "KDE is DEAD!!!". It was intended to
be
provocative.

Regards.

--