List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [dot-editors] DRAFT(s) KOffice 1.3 Christmas
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2003-12-17 13:50:48

Hi,

The use of "Christmas" - or tieing software to a religion - IMO does not have
any advantage over a term like "Holidays" and may actually alienate a large
number of people and/or decision-makers who prefer a religion-neutral desktop.

For this reason I suspect that GNOME (and SuSE / RedHat / IBM) international PR
materials avoid tieing their desktop to any particular religion.

(BTW I think less than 10% of the World's population - about 400 million -
celebrate Christmas and I would also note that I don't see KDE referencing other
religions' holidays in our press releases.)

Ciao,

Dre