List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Fwd: USENIX 2004 Abstracts wanted ASAP
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-12-15 17:15:30

I thought I would fit here as well

Fab

Subject: USENIX 2004 Abstracts wanted ASAP
Date: Monday 15 December 2003 17:46
From: Ralf Nolden <nolden@kde.org>
To: kde-devel@kde.org, kdevelop-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de,
kde-core-devel@kde.org, kmail-devel@kde.org, koffice-devel@kde.org
Cc: kdepim@kde.org

Hi,

sorry for crossposting. I'm a member of the program comitee for the USENIX
2004 FREENIX track about free software and open source technologies and I
would like everyone interested submit an abstract ASAP about their new stuff
and what makes it so interesting to use and develop for KDE. So this is your
#1 chance to demo your newest technologies in KDE development at an
internationally recognized show:

http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix04/freenix.html

The conference will be held in Boston, MA in June, 2004

Please drop me a quick  note so I an collect the KDE-based submissions and do
a selection together with the other program comitee members.

PR-Wise this is our chance to bring KDE technologies to wider recognition
especially in the enterprise desktop market and it is extremely important for
us to have as many abstracts about KDE as possible, so please submit as many
abstracts as possible, even if it's just about a technology that you think of
being totally simple and too easy to be even mentioned - we have a lot to
show off and explain people how to use it, so submit abstracts.

Thanks,

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org