List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Novell comments on the future of KDE in SuSE
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-05 6:00:15

To quote Novell's Vice President of R&D:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=84723&cid=7393279

"Yes, we will still support KDE on SuSE. However, we hope to use this
opportunity to provide Linux developers and ISVs with a single stable platform
for desktop application development."

Also see the quote from Miguel, CTO of Novell:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=84723&cid=7393029

If I read this correctly, they intend to phase out KDE support on SuSE, or
make it an option/add-on.  I guess some people have to result to sucker
punches when they can't win the fight any other way.

Is there anything we can or should do to respond to this announcement?  (Not
on slashdot of course.)

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/