List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] KOrg and events.kde.org
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-10-17 17:50:35

With the new 3.2 on the way, wouldn't it be cool if the kde event's calendar
was a resource that you could show/edit in KOrg?  Read-only universe, but
password protected writes?

We have a much better chance of keeping it current if the work is distributed.
I had no clue about the UK Linux Expo.  And there's been a couple posts on
kde-devel about events that others are doing--wouldn't it be nice if people
could add their event and then upload their calendar.

We could add the resource to the "Hot Stuff"  (that really needs a new name)
and then all KDE users would really easily see all events.

We just stick the iCalendar file on some ftp site and password protect writes?
I just tested a remote resource using the ftp: protocol, and it prompted for
a password and logged in successfully when looking for a file.  Using the
publish to web plugin it also worked fine with an ftp address, prompting for
user/pass and then logging in successfully.

Regards,

Mark