List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Enterprise Demo
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-16 19:28:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 16 October 2003 16:47, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:

[CCing Martin, he is the Kolab export]

>I'm planning to focus on:
>
>- Kontact

Note that the Kroupware functionality is not yet implmented in Kontact, so
answers to Q 1, 2 and 3 relate to the Kolab client.

>Questions I expect will come up:
>
>1.  How do you handle shared address books?
Currently there is the concept of a global LDAP addressbook and your private
one.
>2.  Ditto for shared calendars?
You can't share calenders atm.
>3.  How do I migrate from Microsoft Exchange?
Export all data from exchange semi-automatically. This is consultant work atm,
it can't be done automatically. Contacts would be fed into LDAP, Mails into a
mailer, prolly using some fancy perl script (and VBA on the windows side).
Appointments I don't know about.

>4.  Can I use Kontact with Microsoft Exchange?
No, I will work on it the next weeks, but I don't expect it to be finished for
3.2. For now, only KOrganizer has a bit support.

Btw: An important thing to note is that Kolab now has a web client. Usually
people ask for it.

>Is there a good mailing list to get these questions answered?

The kolab mailinglist I guess, look in the archive. My Information might not
be up-to-date. See http://kolab.kde.org

Cheers,
  Daniel