List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]  "Open Standards and Libre Software in Government"
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-09-19 20:28:10

Le Vendredi 19 Septembre 2003 18:17, Kurt Pfeifle a écrit :
> --------------------------
> On a side-note: there seems to have been a "Call for Papers" back in May.
> It closed at June 30th. Maybe KDE promo activists with related skills
> should watch out for future opportunities like that, and also think
> about KDE-related topics they could present. Here is what that "CfP"
> had included:

I answered the call for paper in May with a conference about KDE and
Administration but my paper was not selected. I think the call for paper was
rather deceiving. It looks much more that they wanted some big shots in
different administrations to come to Paris to give a paper prepared by their
staff than real people in Free Software giving real paper on real subjects.

I'm living close to the Unesco but I don't know if I'll find time to go to the
conference.

Cheers,
Charles
--