List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE in the Brazilian Government (long)
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-09-11 12:42:10

Le Jeudi 11 Septembre 2003 13:20, Roberto Selbach Teixeira a écrit :

> Yes, it is. I work for Conectiva and that's why I was there. They also
> will probably have the support of an organisation created to push free
> software into the government.

I thought Brazil had a political organization very similar to the United
States with a Federal Government and States Governments. Is Selpro in charge
only of Federal Agencies IT or also of State Agencies IT ?

From what I understand of Brazilian politics (never been there), there are
very good civil servants in Brazilia but it is very hard to push reforms
devised in Brazilia through the Parliament and through the country. Will the
switch to Free-Software be totally controlled by the civil servants of Selpro
or wil it need to go through the Brazilian political system.

But your mail is great news for KDE, for Conectiva and also for Brazil.

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org