List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE in the Brazilian Government (long)
From:       Roberto Selbach Teixeira <roberto () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-11 0:21:22

On the 3661st day of the September that never ended, Martin Konold wrote:
> What is their current platform? I am rather confident that we are able to
> present them multiple technical approaches how to migrate their application
> to a KGX system. After all companies close to KDE are already experienced in
> porting applications to Qt/KDE.

I don't have too much information on what they are using. I do know
that many of their systems run on mainframes and are based on Natural
and Adabas.

As for the port itself, they will do it. They were already doing some
application rewritting (before free software) to J2EE. That's the
platform they want to use, especially because they have the fear that
in the next election of the other another government will come and
will change this recommendation and they'll have to rework everything
again. With J2EE, they will at least be able to move to another
platform easily if this happens. It'd be nonsense to order them to
redo the whole thing again, but unfortunately governments are not
logical. And this sort of thing *do* happen. :-/