List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: LSB adopting GTK?
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-07-17 12:08:23

I'm afraid that the North-American impression of a "Linux Desktop" is further
getting more and more disorted there due to the local bias toward specific
local companies.

But I honestly wouldn't worry too much about that, at least as long as Linus
is using KDE which ensures that the Kernel will stay compatible with KDE and
all distributions calling itself desktop are using KDE. ;)

> http://freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-futures/2003-May/000826.html
> http://freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-futures/2003-May/000829.html
> http://www.linuxbase.org/futures/
>
> Too bad we don't have any core KDE/Qt people participating in these
> standardisation discussions.  People like Alan Cox, Theodore Ts'o,
> Mike Hearn are all there pushing GTK/GNOME pretty hard.  :-(

Cheers, Datschge =)
--
Wo die geistige Sonne tief steht, werfen auch Zwerge grosse Schatten.