List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]  Still und heimlich: alle 3.000 Arbeitsplaetze in der
From:       Josef Spillner <josef () ggzgamingzone ! org>
Date:       2003-06-12 12:58:27

On Thursday 12 June 2003 14:10, Roberto Selbach Teixeira wrote:
> Em 3571 de setembro de 1993, Charles de Miramon escreveu:
> > But maybe, I underestimated the bloat in the German
> > administration :-)

Everyone does.

> I must admit I am quite happy to learn that there are 3000 more KDE
> workstations around. That's 3000 extra potential bug reporters.

Most of the users in administrative departments are going to either dismiss
bugs and crashes, or report them to their IT staff.
So it would be a nice idea to collect the experiences already available from
previous transitions, and create some documentation on how to use KDE
effectively in larger organizations.
- tips for admins on how to act as proxy between KDE and their users
- kiosk mode
- stressing there's always a stable branch which will never go away

The scope of KDE::Enterprise should probably be extended to include
organizations as well.

Josef

--
Play for fun, win for freedom.