List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Support KDE page
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-06-04 18:23:45

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 1:58 pm, Datschge wrote:
> Mark Bucciarelli wrote:

> > I had some suggestions for tasks you could add to the promotion
> > section.  Might be helpful to order them from smallest to largest
> > time committment.
>
> [snip]
>
> I extended the section a little, but in general that what you wrote
> should be available as extensive and detailed introductory text on
> promo.kde.org.

'k.

BTW promo.kde.org == events.kde.org.

> > typo: share informations --> share information
>
> Fixed, thx.

More wordsmithing ... from this:

Join the KDE-Promo mailing list and share information on how to
promote KDE to the different kind of audiences and where to get
promotional materials. Possible tasks on the KDE-Promo mailing list:

to this:

Join the KDE-Promo mailing list to share information on how to promote
KDE to different audiences, and how to create professional KDE
promotional materials.  Other possible tasks include:

> What I'm also missing there is a quick way to find
> out where in what areas KDE promoters live. Building up something
> like that supporting the creation of local KUGs (KDE User Groups)
> would be really great.

Back in April, Neil Stevens volunteered to work on the developer map.
Should be renamed the "contributor" map.  Not sure how far he got.

It's too bad the KControl KAddressBook resource doesn't work in 3.1.
Otherwise, it would be pretty easy to set up a password-protected
LDAP server that you could update right from KAddressBook.

> > Finally, I think it would be helpful to put a link to the
> > kde-promo subscription page.
>
> It's already there (is there a better way wording a link to a
> mailing list than "More information on the KDE-Promo mailing
> list"?).

Nope.  It helps when I read it.  :)

Cheers,

Mark