List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Support KDE page
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-04 16:07:49

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 19:58, Datschge wrote:
> Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > Wow, really great!  Where do you see this ending up--somewhere on
> > www.kde.org?
>
> It's intended to end up there, yes. I want it to be a central "all
> information you need" starting point regarding the topic "supporting KDE"
> to which everyone can refer others to. Right now information on "supporting
> KDE" is scattered on at least four independent pages on www.kde.org, some
> of them hidden away multi level deep, as well as many other KDE sites.
>
> When it's complete I'm going to ask the i18n teams to create local
> versions/translations of that page which all should be interlinked in the
> end.
>
> > I had some suggestions for tasks you could add to the promotion
> > section.  Might be helpful to order them from smallest to largest
> > time committment.
>
> [snip]
>
> I extended the section a little, but in general that what you wrote should
> be available as extensive and detailed introductory text on promo.kde.org.
> What I'm also missing there is a quick way to find out where in what areas
> KDE promoters live. Building up something like that supporting the creation
> of local KUGs (KDE User Groups) would be really great.

Actually atm promoters are mainly developers/translaters/etc who spread the
word where they live. As for the location, some time ago worldwide.kde.org
was created for that, but unfortunately the site is broken (try the links).
Maybe it can be revived?

And BTW, thanks for the great work! I am sure, the page will be of great use
for newbies.

Greetings,
eva