List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: KDE 3.2 release cycle
From:       Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL <sip () teamlog ! com>
Date:       2003-05-18 12:31:10

Le Dimanche 18 Mai 2003 14:08, Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL a écrit :
> In this case, we need two live CD. I am a kind of "geek" and the second
> live CD would be for me. But I advocate regularly to business people who
> won't care about the "geek" but they want to see something stable and
> professional. I use Knoppix (official release) for that. But if we can have
> a special KDE Demo CD for Business Partners, I will love to help and to
> distribute... And it can be different from the KDE Demo CD for geeks.

I should precise my mind.

BUSINESS PARTNERS/ USUAL USERS
I currently use the same way that what was done by David Faure & Gérard
Delafond in France this year. I distribute Knoppix to show how KDE works and
what can be done with. I works very well. It is always very impressive to
show the bosses their laptop with Linux in 2 minutes and make him play with.
But there are not all the KDE products (for exemple a version of Kaspaliste,
Juk etc.). However, it can be necessary to integrate the whole projects about
Office linked with KDE (Pixie, KMoney2 etc.). There is certainly a job to
choose the programs which can be put and those which can't. But I think that
there is enough place to promote correctly KDE within a Knoppix "KDE" fork
(or something similar).

GEEKS
A CVS version of KDE regularly done would be wonderfull (I precise, with
SuperKaramba) !!! But more precisely with an extensive promotion of the whole
KDE stuff (KOFFICE with kexi, kplato etc.) which can interess our geeks
(programming, demo, etc.)

--
LINUX BUSINESS UNIT
http://www.teamlog.com