List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: KDE 3.2 release cycle
From:       Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL <sip () teamlog ! com>
Date:       2003-05-18 12:31:10

Le Dimanche 18 Mai 2003 14:08, Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL a écrit :
> In this case, we need two live CD. I am a kind of "geek" and the second
> live CD would be for me. But I advocate regularly to business people who
> won't care about the "geek" but they want to see something stable and
> professional. I use Knoppix (official release) for that. But if we can \
> have a special KDE Demo CD for Business Partners, I will love to help and \
> to distribute... And it can be different from the KDE Demo CD for geeks.

I should precise my mind.

BUSINESS PARTNERS/ USUAL USERS
I currently use the same way that what was done by David Faure & Gérard
Delafond in France this year. I distribute Knoppix to show how KDE works \
and  what can be done with. I works very well. It is always very impressive \
to  show the bosses their laptop with Linux in 2 minutes and make him play \
with.  But there are not all the KDE products (for exemple a version of \
Kaspaliste,  Juk etc.). However, it can be necessary to integrate the whole \
projects about  Office linked with KDE (Pixie, KMoney2 etc.). There is \
certainly a job to  choose the programs which can be put and those which \
can't. But I think that  there is enough place to promote correctly KDE \
within a Knoppix "KDE" fork  (or something similar).

GEEKS
A CVS version of KDE regularly done would be wonderfull (I precise, with
SuperKaramba) !!! But more precisely with an extensive promotion of the \
whole  KDE stuff (KOFFICE with kexi, kplato etc.) which can interess our \
geeks  (programming, demo, etc.)

--
LINUX BUSINESS UNIT
http://www.teamlog.com