Le Samedi 17 Mai 2003 12:51, Datschge a écrit : > Charles de Miramon wrote: > > Why not make more publicity for Konstruct and for the debian cvs packages > > done by Orth (http://opendoorsoftware.com/cgi/http.pl?p=kdecvs;frame=1). > > > > I don't know if I would spread a cvs Knoppix. Stability is a key argument > > for promoting KDE to the business user. Outside the geek community, > > you'll find little understanding for half broken application. Geeks can > > use Konstruct or install a Debian partition with orth packages if they > > want to bleed. > > The point for live CD's wasn't to give an easier way for users to install > the latest bleeding edge stuff (even though it can be used for such) but to > offer a harmless way to preview the latest additions and improvements of > KDE's CVS Head *without* the need for digging into the whole (for them > scary) compile/installation stuff. What we should do is promoting the > latest additions and improvements without the audience needing to install > it themselves (which always implies a certain level productive usability) > to check the changes out. Knoppix based live CD's are the ideal solution > here since they give access to a full system without any barrier or danger > for the already installed productivity system. Of course this kind of live > CD should have "technology preview, not intended for productivity use" > printed all over. Just imagine, this kind of live CD would be very easy to > check out for any press reporter to report about the latest changes in some > popular media. > In this case, we need two live CD. I am a kind of "geek" and the second live CD would be for me. But I advocate regularly to business people who won't care about the "geek" but they want to see something stable and professional. I use Knoppix (official release) for that. But if we can have a special KDE Demo CD for Business Partners, I will love to help and to distribute... And it can be different from the KDE Demo CD for geeks. -- LINUX BUSINESS UNIT http://www.teamlog.com (+33) 476 613 709 / (+33) 680 587 187 _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.