List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: KDE 3.2 release cycle
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-17 16:07:49

["kde-ev-letters.txt" (text/plain)]

i've been using kde on suse 8.2 distro and i like it because its quite
selfexplainatory.  as a new linux user  kde encouraged me to experiment and
showed me some of linux philosophy which is something totally different from
MSwindows dictate (although i belive that better linux unification wont hurt
its concept of freedom).
im a student so i dont have too much money, but like to contribute anyway.
is there a way that i can send you some money via mail on direct address?
dont have a credit card but if you think that it is easier to make a donation
through bank account it's fine with me.tell me what to do.
(i live in Croatia, south Europe)

------------------------

Hello!!! Guten aben !!! ??????!!!
I'd like to support KDE
What kind of work I should better do.

------------------------

Hi Guys,
    I would like to know how can I help KDE.

------------------------

I would like to support the KDE project.  However, I am a newbie and
hardly knew enough to get Red Hat successfully installed.  If there is
something simple I can do let me know.

------------------------

to whom it may concern,
i am not sure what angle of design you are seeking, but if it is artistic in
anyway (as opposed to requiring years of programming experience, i would be
more that interested :)
i am not even sure if i have Debian set up quite right yet, so i don't know
if you will even get this email yet.  just incase it doesn't come through
right my email address is XXX@XXX
sincerely,

-----------------------

Hello,
My name is XXX. I'm a professional translator with 3 working
languages: English, Russian, French.

I had just installed Linux Mandrake 9.0 and I was really surprised: such
powerful system is still less popular than Windows 9x etc.

In order to continue good democratic traditions and with no thought of
earning
money I would like to propose my forces and my intellect for further
development of the system, in particular translations: Russian, English,
French.

-------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to help supporting the KDE project offering translation
services. I am a Suse Linux 8.0 user and can translate English into
Italian and viceversa.

I have previous experience with translation of OsraCom documentation for
XXX GmbH, Germany from German to English and Italian to English.

With very kind regards,

-------------------------

'm a techinical student from São Paulo, Brazil. (My English is not Good,
Sorry).

My name is Tárcio dos Santos Meireles, a have 20 year ago, and I want know if
is possible contribute for your work in KDE e Linux applications...........

I'm a expert user of MS-DOS/WIndows, and now, a short time ago, user of
GNU-Linux (Red Hat, Peanut, Conectiva) with KDE II.

I know basics strutures of Pascal Language and Delphi for MS-Windows.

In http://www.basksoft.hpg.com.br/BsHTML25.exe there are a program for
MS-Windows9x/NT that I make for beginers in the HTML code (version in
portuguese). This is a exemple of my level
of language know-how. (A simple software, but funny).....

I want information of KDE team and GNU/Linux team and I like to contribute
with this project, if necessary.

Thank you so much!

----------------------------

I am interested specifically to help in the design /
programming of multilingual extensions to word
processors, editors, browsers by functions that are
very important to translators, literal quotes from
very different languages (Arabic, Hebrew,Korean..).
WordPerfect has only some of these extensions, MS-Word
some others. Only specialized bi-lingual processors
have all the features.

I am sure this would increase the market penetration of
Linux.

----------------------------

I am a linux newbie. I am willing to collaborate if I can have some guidance
on what path to take on aquiring knowledge. My mother language is spanish.
Please tell me if I am of use.

-----------------------------

This response maybe a bit belated but the SPLASH SCREEN TIP on LINUX 7.3
states that you are looking for assistance with hardware, Tech Writing or
likely better said, an "attitude" of assistance.  I'd be glad to help out if
I could in these matters.

Lest this email address is dead, I'll be brief.  I volunteer in an
organization that Recycles Computers & peripherals and have a Master's Degree
in Electronics (Old School).  I am relatively new @ LINUX but have programmed
extensively in LISP, VB.

If I may be of assistance, I can be contacted at:

----------------------------

Hi,

  I am very interested in the kde development project.
Could you please send me some information or is there
a web site where I can explore what is possible?
I am writing c++ and MySql database applications for
Linux.

      Sincerely,

---------------------------------

sir,

    i am a student of MCA(master in computer applications) in india.
i am interested in doing programming work for kde.

my skills are:
C(good)
oo programming in C++(medium)
java(beginner)
network programming using sockets, raw sockets, and packages like lpcap,
ucdsnmp, and rrdtool.

If you require,i can send other details also.