List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Fwd: [kde] A very big thanks...
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-05 4:31:43

On Sunday 04 May 2003 23:56, Philippe Fremy wrote:
> One question I would like to see answered but I don't know how to ask is
> about contribution in return. Something like:
> "Since KDE has been helpful for you, do you plan to contribute some money
> or other service to KDE ?"
>
> I hope that some companies can take the habbit of contributing something
> to KDE when they use it.

While I share your opinion regarding to hoping this we IMHO should
/not/ ask for such in a public interview!
^^^^^^^^^

This does not mean that it would be 'unfair' or something like that but
it surely would not be very 'fine'.

Look: People using KDE and accepting to be interviewed show that they
      appreciate the KDE.

*This* could be the point where we might 'ask for' something: Let us ask
for yet another public sign of their appreciation!

IMHO it might be a good idea to ask if they perhaps could add a little
[Our desktops run KDE] logo to their company's web page - this would look
way more fine than asking for money!

If you ask for money usually all you get is money, but if you ask for
a public sign of support you may get something more valuable in the long
term.

Just my 2 pence.  ;-)

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>