List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [js@iidea.pl: QKW]
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-30 11:07:25

Quoting Jarosław Staniek <js@iidea.pl>:

> Yes, I though about this. In the following month there should be available:
> - full KDE* sources adapted for QKW project (more polished)
> - ready to use binaries of Kexi, with easy installer

As was mentioned later in the mail, you currently can't distribute binaries of
Kexi linked to Qt for Windows.  Qt for Windows is not under a GPL compatible
license, which most of the code for Kexi is licensed under.

This would either require either (a) a source only release or (b) a licence
change by all copyright holders on the GPL'ed sources to either switch to LGPL
or to include an exception for linking to the commercial Qt for Windows.

Cheers,

-Scott