List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [js@iidea.pl: QKW]
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-30 11:07:25

Quoting Jarosław Staniek <js@iidea.pl>:

> Yes, I though about this. In the following month there should be \
>                 available:
> - full KDE* sources adapted for QKW project (more polished)
> - ready to use binaries of Kexi, with easy installer

As was mentioned later in the mail, you currently can't distribute binaries \
of Kexi linked to Qt for Windows.  Qt for Windows is not under a GPL \
compatible license, which most of the code for Kexi is licensed under.

This would either require either (a) a source only release or (b) a licence
change by all copyright holders on the GPL'ed sources to either switch to \
LGPL or to include an exception for linking to the commercial Qt for \
Windows.

Cheers,

-Scott