List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] To all Dutch-speaking readers
From:       "Bas v.d. Wiel" <bas () kompas-media ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-29 11:32:00

> Hi Bas,
>
> Maybe you could take some ideas and integrate in your press release the text
> of the KDE Brochure, you can find it in Pagemaker format here :
> http://devel-home.kde.org/~tackat/brochure/
>
> By the way, recreating Tackat's Brochure in a Open-Source format would be
> nice. None of us at KDE France have Pagemaker and we had technical
> difficulties adapting it.
>
> The German text is the following (beware paragraphs were extracted from the
> PageMaker brochure and are not in a logical order). Some information is
> obsolete, for example now we can watch Window Media file in Konqueror without
> the commercial plugin from Crossweavers. The French version is a little more
> uptodate but my guess is that you read better German than French.

I do have pagemaker here, so I could try to convert the brochure to
something more open. However I'm not aware of any applications in the
open source world that will let me do the layout tricks Pagemaker
allows. If there's a preference for a certain app I'll certainly install
it and give it a try. The best I can do for now though will be
converting the brochure to PDf and .PS files which are a pain to edit
but at least they're printable for everyone. I'll get to that in a few
hours and I'll dump the text out to plain ASCII so that at least that is
editable for all as well.

Actually I do read French quite well, it's just my speaking/writing
skills that have become rusty with disuse. I'll incorporate useful bits
from the brochure into my press release and while I'm at it create a
Dutch translation of the brochure.

I expect this to be quite a bit of work (except the ripping of text from
PM to ASCII and PDF/PS conversion), and I'm fairly busy this week, so
you probably won't see the translations until sometime next week. I'll
put the PDF, PS and ASCII files of the brochure on my webserver this
evening and post the URLs to them on this list.

Bas