List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [js@iidea.pl: QKW]
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-27 15:56:06

On Sunday 27 April 2003 17:14, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Someone have time to write an article for the dot?  I'm too busy
> myself at the moment.

Actually I'm not sure if this is appropriate at the moment if I understand
things correctly.

It seems that the Qt libs being used are from the commercial Qt for Windows.
He's then modifying a GPL'ed application to make it work with this.  Since
the GPL is incompatible to such a commercial license, while Jarosław can play
with this, it isn't legal for him to distribute binaries based on this work.

Also, supposing that the above was worked out it might make sense to wait
until there's something actually available other than screen shots, but
that's a less important point...

-Scott

--
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer
shelf life.