List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Debian LDAP [was .... TypeHeads]
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-04-23 13:20:26

On Monday 21 April 2003 10:50 am, Daniel Molkentin wrote:

> Look at the debian ldap setup. They have all you need in their CVS.

I took a quick peek this morning.  It's pretty intense!

Their LDAP setup allows developers to store their ssh RSA key in one
central place (which is then replicated to other machines).   The
LDAP data is exported to db files which is used directly for accounts
on each machine (via libnss-db, GNU Name Service Switch).  As far as
I can tell, this key is used for their ftp servers, project web
pages, cvs archives, and shell server.  They also have an email
gateway that uses the developers GPG key to validate changes that are
submitted to the LDAP server.

Doesn't have a lot to do with what I have in mind, but an interesting
read none-the-less.  Maybe some kde-devel folks might find it more
pertinent.

Mark